httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject CVS repository (fwd)
Date Sat, 03 Jul 1999 21:01:01 GMT

Doh, I forgot to CC it here as intended.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 12:44:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@valueclick.com>
To: Eric Cholet <cholet@logilune.com>
Cc: 'Doug MacEachern' <dougm@cp.net>, mod_perl list <modperl@apache.org>
Subject: CVS repository

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Eric Cholet wrote:

> > > Perhaps we could also have a networked CVS repository?
> >
> > we have that.  you mean anonymous access?  there used to be an anonymous
> > server, but it's long gone.  a few people mentioned using rsync, but those
> > details were never saved, could somebody explain again?  we should add the
> > details to mod_perl_cvs.pod
>
> > rsync dev.apache.org::
> Welcome to Apache.org's rsync daemon.  Please choose a repository:
>
> apache-site     Apache WWW Site
> apache-dist     Apache software distribution
> apache-devsite  Apache Developer's web site
> apache-1.3      Apache 1.3 CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
> apache-1.2      Apache 1.2 CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
> apache-nspr     Apache NSPR prototype CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
> apache-apr      Apache-APR CVS tree (updated 4x/day)
>
> rsync is up on taz, but not for modperl it seems, maybe we can get Brian to set it up.

[ CC'ed to new-httpd, because I've been talking about this before there
  but never followed up on the "it's there claim" ]

These modules are the checked out versions, not the repositories so it
doesn't give you access to the history and stuff - which is very very
useful if you want to help find a bug or so. It would often make it
possible for the more clued PR reporters to easily find the changed files
and point out the bug.

Brian - could you add modperl to the rsync modules?

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 14M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>