httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: REMOTE_* w/ ProxyPass
Date Fri, 02 Jul 1999 00:11:35 GMT
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> > DejaNews which uses Squid accelerators.) All Apache needs is an option
> > to make it fake up REMOTE_* from this header. Accelerated virtual
> > hosting would also benefit from modifying Squid to add an
>
> Yeah, sounds like a simple job for mod_rewrite or a custom module.

I'm doing with a small module:

  ftp://ftp.netcetera.dk/pub/apache/mod_proxy_add_forward.c

And in my "backend" apaches (with mod_perl) I have a few lines to set the
remote ip address again (if the request comes from a trusted source (ip
address of the proxy)). Works very well.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 14M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>