httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: [patch included] Re: use of stdio for error_log
Date Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:35:05 GMT

No comment about getting your patch in, because I haven't reviewed it yet.

> Furthermore, since you've put it out of your mind--is there any
> hint of using actual stdio under Apache 2.0 and hence hitting bugs
> like this one again?

I don't believe we will hit this problem in 2.0.  There will be no direct
stdio calls in Apache-2.0, because we have abstracted them all out to the
APR layer.  I expect this layer to be what is used for error-logs and most
other file I/O.  Inside APR, I am not using stdio.

Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd