httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Shared memory in APR. (fwd)
Date Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:25:54 GMT

> Yes you are sir. You are assuming that apr is the
> only library needing to be mapped. Consider other
> libraries being mapped ...
>
> Have a nice day ;-)

But we were looking for an example of such a library, and you gave apr as
that example.  If apr is not an example of a library that needs to be
mapped, as I do not believe it is, than please give one that is.  Please
note, that because of the way that apr works, simply mapping calls such
that:

OS_specific_file_open -->  ap_file_open

isn't going to work.  It won't be possible to plug in a non-apr
portability layer under the covers.  APR is taking care of too much for it
to be replaceable like that.  IF you want to replace it, you will have to
go through and change the calls.  The good news, is that those calls will
be easy to find, because they will have common names.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd