httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: pthreads in apr ...
Date Mon, 12 Jul 1999 01:15:35 GMT

I guess I wasn't clear.  I was replying to the idea that the configure
script for apr would interfere with the configure for Apache.  I said it
wouldn't, and then I said it wouldn't until Apache-2.0 had an autoconf
build script.  I was not suggesting, nor do I believe, that work should
stop on 2.0 until autoconf configure scripts are written.

Ryan

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> >
> > > I don't think how Apache is [cC]onfigured should hold anyone up as
> > > far as working on 2.0. We've been able to handle just about any
> > > configuration desire or need up to now, and I tend to think that
> > > we'll continue to be able to do that. Just that the idea of a "total
> > > rewrite from the ground up" stalled development of 2.0, so does
> > > the idea that "we need to scrap what we have for autoconf." I'm
> > > not saying that anything one way or another re: autoconf, just
> > > stating the facts :)
> >
> > Yikes!  I would really really hate to see the current configuration scheme
> > migrate into the 2.0 release.  Perhaps enough that I would sit down and
> > get an automake/libtool/autoconf system up and going.
> >

> Well, my point was that I didn't think it made sense for people
> to be idle because "we didn't have autoconf yet". If someone
> provides a drop-in replacement of autoconf/et.al. that works
> then I'm all for that.
>
> --
>    Jim Jagielski   |||   jim@jaguNET.com   |||   http://www.jaguNET.com/
>             "That's no ordinary rabbit... that's the most foul,
>             cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever laid eyes on"

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd