httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: pthreads in apr ...
Date Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:17:32 GMT
Thge two programs use two different configure scritps right now, so it
doesn't matter.  APR uses autoconf.  Apache-mpm uses the Apache configure
scripts.  My understanding is that Apache is waiting to use autoconf until
somebody does the work.

We are not porting the mpm work to use apr until 1.3.7 has released.  This
is because any merge after 1.3.7 releases will be complicated by the
different types.  The port will be done, but it must wait until after
1.3.7.

I haven't looked at the integer work in apr for a while.  It was one of
those things, where I wanted to up and working, without worrying if it was
correct.  IMO, it is a detail, and it will be fixed when somebody fixes
it.  I am not going to have time to do it for a while, because I have
other projects which need my attention right now.  If somebody else wants
to look at the ints in apr, be my guest.

Ryan

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Michael H. Voase wrote:

> Michael H. Voase wrote:
> >
> > Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree, but it was decided long ago that apr isn't ready to be it's own
> > > project yet.  If apr gets enough support, then one day it may become it's
> > > own project.  For right now, I would suggest we move apr into the mpm
> > > tree, in it's own directory.  The repository would look like:
> > >
> > > apache-2.0/mpm
> > >           /apr
> > >

> > +1 ;)
> >

> 	Just as a side note , how is this going to fit
> in with the build scripts ? Maybe the configure / makefile
> cops should have the last word on where to put apr in the
> mpm source tree ...
>
> 	Also , I have begun hackings to start porting
> over mpm to apr . I note that there are standard integer
> size references in apr ( apr_general.h to be exact ) .
> Are these to be used for all int references or just when
> a garuntee is needed for the minimum size of an integer ?
> ( The http_main patch suplied is me inital start on
> porting mpm to apr . If it looks bogus or someone has
> a serious objection , Ill discontinue until a more
> appropriate time ...  ;).
>
> Cheers Mik.
>
> --
>  /~\     /~\            CASTLE INDUSTRIES PTY. LTD.
>  | |_____| |            Incorporated 1969. in N.S.W., Australia
>  |         |            Phone +612 6567 1227 Fax +612 6567 1449
>  |   /~\   |            Web http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase
>  |   [ ]   |            Michael H. Voase.  Director.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          Castle Industries - Industrial Strength
> Solutions.

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd