httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Sat, 31 Jul 1999 19:24:44 GMT
I'm in favour of taking the current apache-2.0/mpm, updating it with the
changes to 1.3.7, and starting the process of stablising... and calling
this apache 2.0.  The work I'm doing for asynchronous stuff can wait until
2.1, because I think we've got a big enough bit to chew on currently.

There are a lot of XXX and TODO left in the mpm code, many of which are
places where APR will help... process spawning (in mpm) sticks out in my
mind as something which still needs work.

I'd rather mpm than apache-apr/pthreads because it gives all of the
platform weenies, win32, winnt, os2, beos, unix, tpf, whatever, a place to
play without disturbing each other too much.  It also lets us launch into
new less-portable areas -- such as threads, without worrying about the
fork-only folks... because they've got an mpm already.

Dean