httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real (Amended proposal)
Date Sat, 31 Jul 1999 18:51:54 GMT

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Just a quick question.  How do we do this?  As far as I know, the mpm tree
> is a combination of the apr tree and the 1.3.7 tree, plus all the work
> that has been done recently.

mpm was forked off of apache-apr/pthreads ... and if it's useful, i've
placed a working copy of the code at the fork point at
<http://www.arctic.org/~dgaudet/apache/2.0/apr-mpm-fork-point.tar.gz> but
i suspect nobody will need it, i'm just placing it out there for
completeness.

manoj is using non-cvs methods to keep track of the merge point between
1.3.x and apache-apr/pthreads.  the only key piece of info we need is the
date of the last 1.3.x merge onto apache-apr/pthreads... which manoj
knows, or we can dig up from the mail archives/cvs logs.

then, in a 1.3 working copy you can use "cvs diff -D 'date'" to figure out
what has changed since that date (you'll have to futz around because
there's GMT/localtime issues, i always find -D a little clunky to use, you
probably want to overshoot by 1 day as well to ensure you get everything).

then the patches are applied by hand to the mpm repository to bring it up
to date... there'll be a bunch of rejects of course...

Dean

p.s. when i was doing this for apache-nspr i kept a tags "djg_nspr_split",
"djg-apache-nspr-07", "djg-apache-nspr-08"  in the 1.3 repository
indicating where i'd merged up to... this is usually more convenient than
a date.