httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Front end needs some work
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 18:22:24 GMT

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Paycheque is the pride of having 52% market share and tons of happy users,
> no?

Yup, I appreciate that, I'm not asking for a paycheque.

I'm pointing out the difference between "customers" and "users" in a very
cynical manner.  There's a difference between using apache technology
directly from apache, or using it through a company such as C2, redhat,
or IBM... all of which will gladly hold users' hands and say pretty nice
things to them as they solve the problems.  For a fee.

And, I was about the say pretty much what Rasmus just said, but since he's
said it already I won't bother repeating it.

Dean