httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: REMOTE_* w/ ProxyPass
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:49:38 GMT
Well you'd need the proxy to insert headers into the outgoing request...
and then you'd get those headers on the destination server.  They wouldn't
be called REMOTE_*, they'd be HTTP_SOMETHING.  But you'd get them at
least.

Yeah squid works with any server; I just think it has some extra headers
it can insert when forwarding requests in a "reverse proxy" situation.

Dean