httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject rsync in HTTP (fwd)
Date Mon, 05 Jul 1999 23:03:07 GMT

Anyone here interested in efficient proxying should check out Andrew's
work.  It's be neat to see some real-world data with these ideas.

	Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 01:03:31 +1000
From: Andrew Tridgell <tridge@linuxcare.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list RSYNC <rsync@samba.anu.edu.au>
Subject: rsync in HTTP

Some of you may remember me mentioning a project I'm been working on
for a while to build rsync into HTTP. Peter Barker and I have written
up a brief paper on the idea and we have also built a working
prototype that is getting quite good results.

If any of you are interested you can read the paper at
ftp://samba.org/pub/tridge/rproxy/rproxy_paper.ps

The code is still _very_ experimental, comes with no docs and is not
at all meant for production use, but if you want to take a look at it
then you should be able to get it via anonymous cvs using the module
name "rproxy". See http://samba.org/cvs.html for cvs access details.

Cheers, Tridge