httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Fitzpatrick <bradf...@bradfitz.com>
Subject Re: REMOTE_* w/ ProxyPass
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:40:08 GMT
I'm not too deeply familiar with Squid, but I browsed over the docs real
quick.  Didn't see anything obvious, or not in language that I
understand.  (maybe they call this something else?)

In any case, this seems like something that must, in part at least, be
implemented inside the Apache server, or inside a module, in able to alter
the environment that logging and CGI requests and such see.  I mean, there
are two parties involved in the protocol even if Squid does define it,
right?  Is there a mod_squid?  I thought Squid worked with any HTTP
server, or are there Apache-specific optimizations/tricks?