httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Fitzpatrick <bradf...@bradfitz.com>
Subject REMOTE_* w/ ProxyPass
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:06:17 GMT
Perhaps this is the inapproriate forum, and I suspect it is, but I can't
find reference to this elsewhere.

I'm curious whether or not there is a way to pass the REMOTE_* environment
variables to the webserver from another one, that's pulling the request on
command from a ProxyPass directive.

In other words, I want the real server to see the environment as if it
were hit directly from the client, instead of seeing the REMOTE_HOST and
_PORT of the proxy machine.

If this functionality is not already available, would it be something
to consider adding?  Or, is this a security hole?  I assume these settings
would have to be passed in HTTP headers from the proxy to the other
server, so the server would probably have to have a directive as to which
mirroring proxies to "trust" passing environments.

Thanks!
Brad