httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Khimenko Victor" <apache-de...@khim.sch57.msk.ru>
Subject Re: MS FUD
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:19:19 GMT
1-Jul-99 13:35 you wrote:
RK> I don't know if this's is Offtopic.

RK> But i think there's a real big different between Real world Server, and
RK> Intranet Servers, one of the biggest differents i encounterd: Our Intranet
RK> Users Keep on Surfing to the Internal Web, It's verry frequent used by
RK> multiple users, who keep's there connections alive, some by having page's
RK> wich autorefreshes, and some by submitting form after form.

Are they REALLY will autorefresh STATIC pages and will "sent form after form"
to /dev/null ? And when dynamic content involved situation in not so good
for NT. See http://www.heise.de/ct/english//99/13/186-1/ for example ...

RK> There only from the moment they come and work, and the moment they leave
RK> the building.

RK> So There Test might show some reality....

Not at all. Only STATIC content was involved in test. It's interesting test and
all such but I'm highly doubtfull if ANY static content ANYWHERE can generate
such a big traffic. Be it on Internet, Intranet or Extranet ...