httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:53:04 GMT
>Then you need to talk to Ralf.  By labeling it a showstopper he
>vetoed 1.3.7 rolling without a fix.  You can't ignore someone
>else's veto, sorry.

No he didn't -- it isn't possible to veto a release, only changes
to a release.  And this one is certainly not a showstopper, since
it is just a browser bug that already has a workaround.  I'd find a
better long-term fix, but I haven't even been able to reproduce
the reported failure and am not inclined to go through contortions
to fix a protocol error that might or might not exist on some
version of MSIE.

....Roy