httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: Apache NT release
Date Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:00:08 GMT
Since I haven't introduced myself yet, here's a very brief intro:
I'm a software developer from central Mass.  I've been programming as
a hobby in various "languages" including BASIC, sh/csh/tcsh, C, Perl,
and C++ for about 15 years now.  During my years at WPI, I spent a
lot of time exploring the UNIX systems, including a year or so
running my own DECStation.  Since then, I've been writing software
under Windows (NT preferred) for almost three years now, 2 1/2
professionally.  I do still have access to development tools on the
UNIX machines at WPI, but use them much less frequently now, doing
the majority of my work on WinNT, both at work and at home.

At 02:25 PM 7/29/99 , Randy Terbush wrote:
>While in Seattle recently having dinner with Paul Sutton, Roy and Ken,
>I indicated that I would be willing to start doing the Apache NT
>release package. I only have InstallShield 5.5 and would want to make
>the changes to allow for that. Bear in mind that I won't be able to
>have that completed for another week. If anyone wants to beat me to
>that, be my guest.

While reading the archives, I noticed some discussion a few months
back about converting the .DSP files for compiling under NT/95 to
Visual C++ 6.0, and for building the release using 6.0.  I noticed
that the projects are still version 5.  Are there any plans to
convert them to 6.0, or to use 6.0 to produce the binaries?  I posted
some changes recently that could be made to the DSP files to make
things easier for debugging, but since I only have 6.0 installed, I
could only post a textual description of the changes rather than a
patch to the DSPs, since the patch would convert them to 6.0.

Some of the changes to the projects would produce .pdb files for all
DLLs in the distribution, even in release mode.  If these were
produced, it might be worthwhile to include them as a separate
optional component of the custom install.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu