httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject PR #4747 Update, WinNT service hanging
Date Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:19:09 GMT
I'm looking to help out with development on the WinNT platform.  I
decided to dive into attempting to debug a WinNT service, which I
haven't done before.  Anyway, I pulled a recent os-windows entry out
of the database, #4747, and decided to do some exploring.

The report was that when Apache starts as a service, and the service
doesn't have permission to access DocumentRoot, then the service hangs.

I was unable to reproduce the problem in 1.3.6, and the user reported
it in version 3.1.4, which I assume is supposed to be 1.3.4.  It
appears that this bug has been fixed by the changes from 1.3.4 and
1.3.6, and should probably be referred back to the original user for
further testing under the latest version.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu