httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real (Amended proposal)
Date Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:41:38 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> With the release of Apache 1.3.7, it's time to turn our attention to
> Apache 2.0. There's been a lot of good stuff going on in the apr and mpm
> sandbox repositories. I've been doing a lot of sandbox work with Win32
> Apache as well (AcceptEx, TransmitFile, reliable piped-log support,
> etc.). It's hard to get beyond the hacking code/prototyping stage
> without a real repository (one destined to be released) to work in.
>
> It's time to create Apache 2.0 and begin working on our first
> beta-release.
>

> 2. Seed/Populate Apache 2.0 repository
>         This is the first of a multi step process to build the Apache 2.0 beta
> release candidate. The repository is initially populated with a merge of
> the Apache 1.3.7 release and the apache-apr repository.

I've been fooling around with the winnt mpm and giving this a bit more
thought (due, in part to subtle prodding from Dean...). I think it may
make more sense to base the beta on the code in the mpm directory rather
than starting with 1.3.7. It will be easier to forward fit 1.3.7 changes
into mpm than the other way around. Amended step 2... Copy the mpm tree
into the top level Apache 2.0 repository and let this be the base for
the beta.

--
Bill Stoddard
stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com