httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Macros, bleh...
Date Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:57:10 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Working on the windows mpm and discovered that...
>
> IMPLEMENT_HOOK_BASE(void,,,,name,args,args2,RUN_ALL,1,0,)
>
> generates a warning with VC++ V5 "not enough actual parameters for macro
> IMPLEMENT_HOOK_BASE". No suprise the expanded macro has all sorts of
> syntax errors.
>
> Then tried IMPLEMENT_HOOK_BASE(void,NULL,NULL, ...) and eliminated the
> warning. Still tons of syntax errors in the expanded macro.
>
> Apparently passing null arguments lists in macros is not ANSI complient.

Is this checked, or are you taking MSes word for it?

> Any ideas?

Well, worst comes to the worst, we just don't bother with
IMPLEMENT_HOOK_BASE and do each flavour with its own macro.

I've been vaguely planning to split them out further anyway, because
there are really three rather different cases: void, run_all, and
run_first. Its hardly worth the unreadability to try and boil them down
into one macro.

Cheers,

Ben.

--