httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/modules/mpm/prefork prefork.c
Date Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:50:50 GMT
Eli Marmor wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:

> > > <grin> A very interesting solution variant... :-)
> >
> > :-) I hope it didn't offend anyone... its actually quite a useful
> > technique where you definitely want a boolean as a result.
>
> The "technique" is:
>         one_process = (NULL != getenv("ONE_PROCESS"));
> (I know that the "(" and ")" can be omitted).

<RELIGION>
But !! works for arbitrary data types, and is shorter, and captures the
prevailing opinion, in AG, at least, that if(x) is better than if(x !=
NULL) (or, for IBM devotees, if(NULL != x)). I'm almost tempted to add
this one to the style guide (after due process, of course. Hell, that
reminds me, I promised to do due process on style for OpenSSL).
</RELIGION>

Cheers,

Ben.

--