httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:31:54 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> Catching up on the flight to Seattle...
>
> Using "hook" is a "kick-me" sign when it comes to the crypto
> regulations.

Its just a word, and the hooks are simply the hooks we already had (and
guess what? They've always been called hooks: http_config.h says "Hooks
for getting into the middle of server ops..." just above their
definition).

> Using "socket" or "slot" or something would at least get
> out of the regulators vocabulary.

"socket" already refers to, err, a socket, and "slot" is what everyone
calls your scoreboard slot.

Cheers,

Ben.

--