httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Getting the RFC1413 stuff out of the core
Date Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:45:27 GMT
Long, long  ago, there was a discussion about the [in]appropriateness
of having the RFC1413 stuff (IdentityCheck and friends) in the core.
Regardless of its usefulness, there are people out there using it,
so we really can't just yank it altogether.

How about this:
I have a module, mod_access_identd, which uses this stuff for [lame]
access checking.  At the moment it relies on the core functionality.
I propose to yank the RFC1413 stuff out of the core and put it into
this module as of the next release (2.0), and include the module in
the base package so that the IdentityCheck directive doesn't
suddenly vanish from the distribution.

Just a thought..

--

#ken P-)}