httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: New module hook code.
Date Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:48:45 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I haven't had time to really investigate the new module hooks, or how they
> are going to work.  Is it possible for somebody who understands the new
> hook stuff to just write up something quick and dirty to tell me what new
> hooks have been added recently, and/or a REALLY simple approximation of
> what the register_hook function will look like?

No new hooks have been added by the new code (hmm, well, I added
pre_connection just before I did the new stuff, then moved it over). For
what register_hook will look like, just take a look at any existing
instance. I think I'm just about done in terms of interface.

mod_alias and mod_userdir are as bad as they get, I think...

You can find hooks easily by grepping for DECLARE_HOOK (in headers). The
places they get run look like ap_run_<hookname>(...).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html