httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Janelle <vjane...@home.com>
Subject Re: newbie thread/process model question in hybrid server
Date Fri, 09 Jul 1999 19:01:46 GMT
Also, some systems limit the max number of FDS per process to a tiny
amount, and this doesn't get changed with a threaded process.  The
entire webserver would only be able to handle up to `uname -n` open
files across the system.  This means read(), etc..  The forked off
processes would handle that AFAIK.

I still like the idea of a logger process though.  Oh well.  It would
handle the opening of all the logs, etc..  It could also make it
possible to do remote logging?

I think I've been talking to the fhttpd author too much =)

--
If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose