httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Janelle <vjane...@home.com>
Subject Re: environment patch
Date Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:19:57 GMT
Actually, although I don't want to mention some of the competetion ;)
Roxen challenger does this already..

An example.. lets see..

  <a>
    <int>5000</int>
    <str>http</str>
    <str>ANY</str>
    <str></str>
  </a>

In this case, <a> is for the server connections.

the first <int> is for the port to run on(http://www.crackdot.org:5000/
if you want to see the roxen docs.. Included as a server setup)

the <str>http</str> is what protocol to use.  In this case, http.  Other
things like SSL3 are supported like..
  <a>
    <int>XXXXXX</int>
    <str>ssl3</str>
    <str>ANY</str>
    <str>cert-file /usr/local/roxen/server/demo_certificate.pem
</str>
  </a>

the ANY is the IP address directive... In this case, roxen opens port
5000 on all bound ips.

</a> closes the mix.

This makes it possible to make complex graphical interfaces(roxen 1.4
actually includes comments by default to explain what things are).. But
they're a bitch to learn.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose