httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Updated mod_digest (fwd)
Date Thu, 08 Jul 1999 06:57:44 GMT
Life is hard, and then you die. wrote:
> It would be nice to get the new mod_digest in the next release, but Ken
> will have to decide that or course. In order to make things a little
> easier I'm posting two sets of patches/additions. The first one adds
> src/ap/ap_sha1.c and src/include/ap_sha1.h to provide a SHA-1
> implementation. The second one is the new mod_digest (posted in the next
> mail). I'll commit the stuff if there are enough votes.

Per the specification, WebDAV requires digest support. I would really
like to see properly functioning digest code in Apache 1.3, so that
people can deploy DAV now (rather than whenever 2.0 happens to roll

One comment: why not accept this patch? We know that the existing code
doesn't work [with IE5], so why not?  (not a real argument, but hey :-)

I would also like to note that Joe Orton's sitecopy
( supports digest mode when performing DAV
transfers to a server. That is a second client that can be used for
digest testing.

Greg Stein,

View raw message