httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Your users, Microsoft!!!
Date Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:50:40 GMT
Bill Jones wrote:

> >From: Chris Tacy <chris@enginered.com>
>
> > homepages.msn.com returns:
> >
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:35:51 GMT
> > Server: Apache/1.3.6 (Unix)
> > Set-Cookie: tcid=TC-3783D647-N-N4PWR8CoASwAADqMWY0; expires=Thursday,
> > 06-Jul-00 22:35:51 GMT; path=/; domain=.msn.com
> > Connection: close
> >
> > unix?
>
> Spoofed ?
>
> Headers cannot be trusted...

Yah, but it would seem quite silly for Microsoft to do such a thing. Why
spoof the web server signature? If anything, they'd want to keep IIS in
there for their own sales force to point to.

bah. I believe it is Apache, but I'm trying to figure out who they
bought it from. I don't recall them buying up a "personal web pages"
company. They have a bunch of people already and they're using Apache,
so I have to conclude they bought the customers and software from
another company...

Cheers,
-g

--