httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@elmar.co.il>
Subject "/" vs. "/index.html"
Date Tue, 06 Jul 1999 18:05:12 GMT
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the following benchmark. You can
see it at: http://perl.pattern.net/bench/

In short, it compares performance of Apache under Linux and FreeBSD.
I quote the results (after cutting the "http://localhost" because of
size limitations).

Solving the problem, which is mentioned by the "Note", may improve
performance of Apache at least by 4%-5%, assuming that about third
of the requests to typical sites ommit the "index.html" suffix.

--
Eli Marmor