httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Janelle <vjane...@home.com>
Subject Re: MS FUD
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:20:50 GMT
Brian Schau wrote:

> > And then they fight you ...
> >
> > Dont worry , MS has won round 1 and scored a little
> > FUD to scatter around , but the war is not over yet ...
>
> Nope.  I'd just like to see a test based on real-time situations.  I
> mean, how many ISP's have 100Mbit lines to the world?   And how many
> ISP's have several 100Mbit lines to the world?
>
> > Cheers Mik Voase.

Besides, Didn't microsoft try and move hotmail to NT?  Hotmail doesn't
get nearly the same load as that benchmark did.

Why is Microsoft.com run across *6* webservers?  Why can't it run on
just one?

Oooooh.. Thats right.  Most of the web isn't statically generated now
adays.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose