httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real (Amended proposal)
Date Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:24:10 GMT
On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 11:51:54AM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> manoj is using non-cvs methods to keep track of the merge point between
> 1.3.x and apache-apr/pthreads.

I was too lazy to look up how to tag a repository. Now I know, but I
was planning for the next merge to be up to the APACHE_1_3_7 tag, so
it won't matter.

> the only key piece of info we need is the
> date of the last 1.3.x merge onto apache-apr/pthreads... which manoj
> knows, or we can dig up from the mail archives/cvs logs.

Look for the monster commit in June. I mentioned a merge point date in
the commit log entry, with appropriate timezone, CVS date format, etc.
I started the merge process for the apache-apr repository, and just
rounded that date to the next hour for my -D tag.

> then, in a 1.3 working copy you can use "cvs diff -D 'date'" to figure out
> what has changed since that date

Actually the cvs differ seems to produce malformed patches sometimes
when the hunks are really big. Maybe an update at the server end will
fix the problem, but I generally just checkout a copy of the
repository from that date and run the diff locally.

"I am the key on the sardine can of justice!" - Darkwing Duck