httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Shared server_rec between processes?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:22:41 GMT

In article <015601bed926$45856fb0$6401a8c0@gyaos> you wrote:

> I'm having a problem with mod_rewrite which as far as I can tell is being
> caused by two separate apache processes writing to the same external process
> which is executing my RewriteMap program.  Thus, my map program's input
> buffer is becoming corrupted if requests come quickly together.
>
> My httpd.conf file looks something like this:
>
> ### Global config
> blah, blah, blah
> ### Main server config
> blah, blah, blah
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteMap MyMap prg:/path/to/MyMap
> RewriteRule regex1 ${MyMap:$1} [C]
> RewriteRule regex2 - [S=1]
> RewriteRule regex3 - [PT]
> RewriteRule regex4 substitution [R]
>
> <VirtualHost>
>     blah, blah, blah
>
>     RewriteEngine on
>     RewriteMap MyMap prg:/path/to/MyMap
>     RewriteRule regex1 ${MyMap:$1} [C]
>     RewriteRule regex2 - [S=1]
>     RewriteRule regex3 - [PT]
>     RewriteRule regex4 substitution [R]
> </VirtualHost>

Why is there no RewriteLock directive?
This is the mutex for the `RewriteMap prg:'...

> [...]
> Is it correct behavior for more than one apache process to point to the same
> server_rec?

In general: yes. Because the processes are forked after the configuration
phase, so all have the same pointers unless they explicitly fiddle around with
them.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com