httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Costello <ch...@calldei.com>
Subject Re: fetch-from-cvs-script revisited
Date Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:59:40 GMT
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999, Magnus Bodin wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
> > This script will fetch the latest tarball in from-cvs/ and unpack it
> > in $dir I posted it a few months ago, maybe it should be made
> > available somewhere on dev.apache.org?
>
> Regarding Doug MacEacherns script at
>    http://dev.apache.org/fetch-from-cvs.txt
>
> I would propose that it is replaced with this changed version.
> I now works (as the directory structure, link names etc has changed)
> again. It also features easy change of version.

   I've written a simpler shell script to fetch it.  Note that
the script from dev.apache.org seems not to work properly for me
(I'll try the new version in a minute).  I'm aware it's not
absolutely portable due to lynx and fetch, but here's what I've
written:

#!/bin/sh
# a script to download the latest apache snapshot

lynx -dump http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/apache-1.3/ |
tail -1 |
sed 's/^[ 0-9]*\. //g' |
xargs fetch