httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject BUFF question: sucking data without consuming
Date Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:01:17 GMT

For SSL renegotiation situations where POST methods are involved we have
discovered that we need a way to transfer the pending POST data from OpenSSL's
underlaying input buffer (a BIO) to Apache's buffer (a BUFF), but _without_
consuming it through the ap_gets/ap_read and friends functions.

The intent is that this way the SSL BIO is empty and the renegotiation can be
successfully done while after the renegotiation Apache's upper layer can
resume the POST handling (in mod_cgi, etc.).

So the question is: Is there an easy way to read the POST data into Apache's
BUFF without consuming it. Or have we write an own ap_bsuck() function which
does the trick? If yes, can it be based on existing ap_bxxx() functions or
should it do the stuff directly?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com