httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: ap_my_generation: what exactly is it used for?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:30:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 08:27:27PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Well if you don't use signals to signal the children you probably don't
> need the generation...

One signal is used in the child for both shutdown and graceful
restart: SIGTERM. Since SIGHUP and SIGTERM seemed to do the same thing
to the children, SIGHUP was removed, and SIGUSR1/SIGWINCH is replaced
with the pipe of death.

Oh well, I guess the generation stuff can be put back if it turns out
to be necessary.

"...and as she finally reached orgasm, she screamed 'the mail server
will be down for three hours tonight!  Yes!  Oh, yes!'" -- J.D. Falk