httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: ap_my_generation: what exactly is it used for?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:18:41 GMT
On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 08:06:25PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> There are a few cases where signals are lost, the generation catches
> those.  I forget the exact details, it's been a long time since I've
> analysed the signal races.

bleh. Do you remember if this was a problem with ungraceful restart as
well as graceful? The pthread MPM does graceful restart in a
completely different way, and it'd be nice to avoid loading in all the
shared memory code for just the generation stuff.

"It's a little strange to call it a song, 'cause it's a newspaper column."
 - Mary Schmich