httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Starting to work on thread pool management
Date Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:57:32 GMT
First, a patch is attached to get rid of the process management stuff
in the pthread MPM. It will maintain the number of processes at a
fixed level, using the NumServers directive. I think it's a good base
for MPMs that will keep a fixed number of child processes ( > 1 ), and
vary the number of threads/process. I've been pondering the
possibility of putting thread management and process management
policies into separate functions, but that can come later.

Second, is there any objection to creating new MPM module directories
for experimental stuff? I assume not, but I'll ask anyway.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development