httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: [Enhancement] : apachectl script.
Date Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:17:16 GMT
On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 01:07:38PM +0530, Jayaram A wrote:
> How would the be idea of enabling the System Administrator to view the
> status of the running Apache Server (in a login window/console),
> *even if* the lynx browser is not present on the system?

How exactly would you do this? If you're just talking about embedding
a HTML parser in apachectl, that scares me. If you are talking about
just putting in minimal support for parsing only the kinds of output
that mod_status generate, that'd be bad too, since we'd be forced to
change apachectl every time there's a change in mod_status.

Or do you have a completely different idea?

"Yes, I'm Linus, and I'm your God" -- Linus Torvalds, Linux Expo '98