httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Shared memory in APR. (fwd)
Date Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:48:49 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Michael H. Voase wrote:
>
> > Gday,
> >
> > 	Alright, I see what I missed. Ill get out the
> > paper bag and sit in the corner for a while to cool off ;).
> >
> > 	So in that case I can peel of a fork of
> > apr and convert it into a portability lib?
>
> Why bother forking it.  As soon as I figure out autoconf completely,
> you'll be able to do things like:

Well, figuring out autoconf isn't that hard. IMO the difficult part
is the best way to implement it. Sometimes you can get by with
just autoconf, other times you need automake as well. Whether you
want or need libtool is another factor. By having the framework of
the code set, you can better figure it out.