httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: pthreads in apr ...
Date Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:03:06 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Thge two programs use two different configure scritps right now, so it
> doesn't matter.  APR uses autoconf.  Apache-mpm uses the Apache configure
> scripts.  My understanding is that Apache is waiting to use autoconf until
> somebody does the work.

I don't think how Apache is [cC]onfigured should hold anyone up as
far as working on 2.0. We've been able to handle just about any
configuration desire or need up to now, and I tend to think that
we'll continue to be able to do that. Just that the idea of a "total
rewrite from the ground up" stalled development of 2.0, so does
the idea that "we need to scrap what we have for autoconf." I'm
not saying that anything one way or another re: autoconf, just
stating the facts :)