httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject MPM: SysV poll(2) via BSD select(2)
Date Sun, 11 Jul 1999 18:45:07 GMT

Last time I mentioned that under FreeBSD I've the problem that although a
native poll(2) exists, there is a bug in libc_r (poll isn't available through
it). OTOH there are systems where no poll(2) exists at all. Yes, I know APR
has some abstractions for this, but because for Pth I already needed a
stand-alone poll(2) which is based on select(2) I've written yesterday a small
library which does this emulation. With it I was also able to build
Apache-MPM/pthread even under FreeBSD without using the native poll(2) at all
- and it even worked ;) This stand-alone version doesn't fall under Pth's
LGPL. So feel free to do whatever you want with it.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com