httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: MPM: HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=8, scoreboard layout
Date Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:16:36 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> I think it will be impossible for mod_status to be portable between
> MPMs, simply because it has to know so many details about specific
> MPMs. So, each MPM would have its own mod_status (and mod_info). How
> this is organized will be a fun question, though. Maybe the MPM should
> build the correct hooks so that it is its own status module. (Ow! that
> hurts!)

There are a few ways to do that... I would suggest that if anyone
has, for example, a pthreads version of mod_status, simply
upload it and we'll figure out a way to have it included iff the
pthreads MPM is used. One thing I will do is remove that Rule MPM
and the MPM_METHOD "setting" back to what they were (Rule MPM_METHOD)
since the Rule technique would really be the way to do this. Ralf's
point was that Rules "are only" yes/no/default but that's only because
that's the only way we've used them up to now. The code was cleaner
when we "enhanced" Rule rather than restrict it.