httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject MPM: HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=8, scoreboard layout
Date Sat, 10 Jul 1999 06:06:56 GMT
Is there any good reason for HARD_SERVER_LIMIT being such a small number?
In the mpm I'm writing, server == thread so it needs to be a big number.

Also, it seems the layout of the scoreboard is going to differ for each mpm.
How are we going to handle this? It's not a problem as long as the mpm module
is the only one accessing the scoreboard but once mod_status etc are brought
in it gets a bit harder.

How about keeping the scoreboard.h in the mpm's directory and adding that to
the include path? You could also put mpm specific settings like
HARD_SERVER_LIMIT in there too so that values sensible for each mpm can be
set.