httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: apache-mpm
Date Fri, 09 Jul 1999 19:34:11 GMT
On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 02:55:10PM -0500, Me at IO wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 11:18:55PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> > I based the bthreads mpm on your pthreads work and have no hanging when
> > logging, just that everything gets logged to the error log.
>
> I investigated my problem further, and it looks like when logging is
> turned on, the child process responsible for handling the request has
> a fit. All the threads die except the main thread. I haven't been able
> to figure out why yet, but I'm still checking it out.

Well, somehow, the logging in the pthread MPM was fixed while I was on
vacation. I'm not quite sure which patch did it, though.

But, I now see the same problem as you do, David. Stuff that should be
destined for the access log is being written to the error log instead.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development