httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Questions: apache-pthreads, apache-mpm
Date Thu, 08 Jul 1999 06:12:39 GMT
Just back from sunny Pittsburgh...

On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 06:40:57PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>    I've today tried to fire up an apache-pthread for testing
>    purposes but I recognized that it has problems under FreeBSD 3.1:
>    Per default it complains that poll(2) is missing.

You're not the first to try it under FreeBSD; I think Jim tried it a
while back, but that was before use of poll was added. I don't think
anyone has run it on FreeBSD since then.

I'm surprised that FreeBSD 3.1 doesn't have poll in libc_r. If so, I
think it's the only barrier I can think of to running the hybrid
server on FreeBSD, but I personally haven't tried the code on that
platform yet.

No one has talked about implementing select in the hybrid server, but
APR emulates (or will emulate) the poll call with select().

"Anybody who says 'disk is cheap' deserves to be shot." - Linus Torvalds