httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Questions: apache-pthreads, apache-mpm
Date Mon, 05 Jul 1999 14:18:06 GMT

In article <37807E79.19B520FB@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> $ MPM_METHOD=mpmt_pthread ./configure --enable-rule=MPM
>>
>> I felt free to commit a change for this. Hope it is ok.
>
> That doesn't make any sense. MPM can't be switched off, so it is
> pointless having a "Rule MPM" that can only be set to yes/no/default.

Yeah, ok. We can easily kick this rule out, too.  My main concern was not this
rule: it was the fact that we need a way to assign an arbitrary value and we
couldn't use the "Rule MPM" for this. That's all. Feel free to enable MPM per
default and kick out the rule, Ben.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com