httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Questions: apache-pthreads, apache-mpm
Date Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:40:57 GMT

Just two quick questions:

1. apache-pthread:
   I've today tried to fire up an apache-pthread for testing purposes but I
   recognized that it has problems under FreeBSD 3.1: Per default it complains
   that poll(2) is missing.  I've not investigated too much why this isn't
   provided by the libc_r, but when I link additionally via libc to solve this
   it coredumps heavily.  And when I try -Dpoll=_thread_sys_poll to solve it,
   the beast hangs forever on connections. So my question is: Was FreeBSD ever
   tried successfully for apache-pthread and I just miss something or I'm the
   first guy who tried it under this platform and I should investigate more?

2. apache-mpm:
   Additionally I today also tried Dean's MPM, but the source tree seems to be
   not in a useable state. I just got:
      | <=== src/modules/standard
      | ===> src/modules/mpm/
      | make: don't know how to make all. Stop
      | *** Error code 1
   Dean, is just some stuff in your work tree still not comitted which fixes
   the source tree, or how else can one try it out? I wanted to look how much
   work it is to provide a native MPM module for NPS (my threading library)
   and how much work it is to port the MPM pthread module to NPS' pthread
   wrapper library.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com