httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <>
Subject Re: FW: A message regarding Apache web server apache_1.3.6 installation
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 01:48:47 GMT
> Problem 1:
> I tried to install Apache with a dynamically linked PHP
> by following the instructions in README.config

Yes, that documentation is a bit out of date.  Follow the instructions in
the README.DSO file in the PHP distribution.  I will probably just yank
the instructions in the Apache distribution and replace it with a
reference to the PHP docs to avoid having to keep these two in synch.

Basically we are going to deprecate the --with-shared-apache install
mechanism in favour of --with-apxs.

View raw message