httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: testing modules, setting headers and PHP
Date Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:46:55 GMT
> module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT cachekow_module =
> {
>     STANDARD_MODULE_STUFF,
>     NULL,                       /* initializer */
>     NULL,                       /* dir config creater */
>     NULL,                       /* dir merger --- default is to override
> */
>     NULL,                       /* server config */
>     NULL,                       /* merge server configs */
>     NULL,                       /* command table */
>     NULL,                       /* handlers */
>     NULL,                       /* filename translation */
>     NULL,                       /* check_user_id */
>     NULL,                       /* check auth */
>     NULL,                       /* check access */
>     NULL,                       /* type_checker */
>     mtime_header_fixup,         /* fixups */
>     NULL,                       /* logger */
>     NULL,                       /* header parser */
>     NULL,                       /* child_init */
>     NULL,                       /* child_exit */
>     NULL                        /* post read-request */
> };

I think the problem is that mod_php is called during the 'handlers' phase
and because it generates actual content it forces out the headers.  If you
were to pick a request phase that occurs prior to mod_php being called and
inject your headers into the headers table, then they will be there when
mod_php eventually calls ap_http_send_header().

-Rasmus