httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: LDFLAGS_SHLIB troubles
Date Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:14:35 GMT
>   I think LDFLAGS_SHLIB shoudl only be used for libhttpd and that there should be a separate
LDFLAGS_DSO for the DSO modules.  This would solve one problem I have which makes it hard
to use a shared core on Mac OS X: we have different binary file types for dynamic shared libraries
(specified at compile time), and loadable bundles (loaded programmatically at run time).

Hrm, but in my case a DSO built from within the source tree needs a
different LDFLAGS from one built outside.  So I'd need a
LDFLAGS_DSO_EXTERNAL as well then.  But, if that is the approach, it makes
sense to do both at the same time.  It just feels way too hackish to me.
But, this whole configure/build mechanism is a massive hack to begin with,
so...

-Rasmus