httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: thanks for the explanations
Date Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:51:25 GMT

If you are running on Linux, threads and processes are both reported in
ps.  In fact, most tools report both threads and processes on Linux.  If
you are on a different OS, then there is a problem, that we will need to
look into.

The APR stuff should be ignored.  It is on-going work, and it is not
currently integrated into the server.  It is just hanging off that
repository for now.  When it is done, the Apache server will use it, and
it will all be a part of building Apache.

Ryan

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Laurent Sinitambirivoutin wrote:

> thanks for the explanations
>
> i've run the hybrid server, it works fine, but still a lot of processes,
> though a lot less than my actual server (81 processes instead of more
> than 200 :)
> Still I thought I wouldn't have more than 8 processes since MaxClients
> is set to 8... So I'm a little bit confused. In fact, I've set
> ThreadsPerChild to 32 instead of 8 and woee I got my 256 processes... So
> I guess I must have missed something though ldd shows that httpd is
> linked with pthreads
>
> as for the apr stuff, i've compiled it and now i'm feeling dumb about it
> : got lots of libs but don't have a clue about how it's supposed to get
> along with apache (unless of course i'm so stupid i didn't realise i had
> to code the stuff myself ;-)
>
> --
> Laurent.D.Sinitambirivoutin
> Root of Eurosport Website